IPAF Operator Licence Course
Any Person(s) who, as part of their working duties are involved in mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPS).
The aim of the training is to provide candidates with the necessary information and instruction in the safe use of mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPS).
At the end of the instruction the candidates will be able to:
- Have an understanding of the statutory regulations
- Identify types of mobile elevating work platforms
- Understand safe working procedures
- Inspect mobile elevating work platforms
- Safely operate a mobile elevating work platform
- Health & Safety legislation & regulations
- Limitations and use of mobile elevating platforms
- Identifying controls, safety devices and warning alarms
- Daily and routine inspection and servicing requirements
- Setting up in preparation for work
- Ground and site conditions
- Safe Operating Techniques
- Emergency lowering procedures
- Manufacturers Instruction Manuals
- The use of fall arrest/restraint equipment
- Practical operating test
- Multi choice test paper
Scissor Lift (3a), Self Propelled Boom (3b), Trailer Mounted Boom (1b), VPP (1a), Van & Truck Mounted Booms (1b).
As the instruction may be carried out on site, we will, of course adhere to the client’s site regulations and requirements.
PPE must be worn at all times throughout the practical element of the instruction.
Please contact us for further details on this or any other training course.
This course is carried out in association with an IPAF approved training centre.